compensation: $11 per hour to start with periodic increases
employment type: part-time
We are a medium sized church in the Moon Township/Coraopolis, PA area. We seek to make a difference through deep friendships, inspiration and service. We are seeking a self-motivated, good communicator for a part time church secretary position.
A great job for a computer literate parent with kids at school and able to work mornings and early afternoons.
Under the supervision of the pastor and the oversight of the board, the church secretary connects and inspires people through quality communications and serves church and community by responding facility use requests, supporting member ministry, and assisting the pastor with administrative tasks.
1. Maintain an attitude of friendship, inspiration and service in all interactions.
2. Keep confidential all private information unless specifically granted permission by the source.
3. Cultivate curiosity for expanding technical skill level.
1. Prepare and make copies of weekly bulletins and inserts for Sunday mornings.
3. Prepare and distribute monthly calendars.
4. Organize responses to mail, email, phone calls and walk-in requests.
5. Maintain the church member information and attendance database.
6. Copy reports and enter financial data onto a spreadsheet for monthly meetings.
Other Job Functions
1. Respond to additional support requests by member leaders as available and appropriate.
2. Maintain a clean workspace.
3. Assist the Pastor with administrative tasks.
4. Assist the Board with record keeping.
1. Oral and written communication skills.
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher.
3. Capacity to learn data management basics.
4. Competent in email and basic internet navigation.
5. Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
6. Skilled in time-management and organization of tasks.
8. Customer Service
Experience and Education:
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D.
Experience: Prior experience preferred
This is a part time position at 15 hours per week, current hours are Mon, Thurs, Fri 9 am to 2 pm, additional hours may be required during holiday seasons. Hourly wage starts at $11.00 with periodic increases.